How to apply
> Admission criteria
> Selection criteria
> How to apply for admission
> Timeline and deadlines
Admission criteria for the Energy for Sustainable Development Online Course (E4SD)
This Energy for Sustainable Development Online Course is delivered by the International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics (IIIEE) at Lund University, Sweden, in collaboration with UNDP, UNEP, and the Global Network on Energy for Sustainable Development (GNESD).
Applicants must fulfil the following entrance requirements:
- A completed higher secondary certificate / diploma that gives access to universities in the applicant’s home country. The official certificates/ transcripts shall include all subjects taken including marks. If the documents are issued in a language other than Nordic, English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Russian or Japanese, authorized translations must be enclosed.
- A knowledge of English up to a certain level.
- A minimum of two years of working experience in relevant fields. Relevant fields include areas related to energy supply and demand, infrastructure and economic development, city and land-use planning, agriculture and rural development, environmental protection, poverty alleviation, public health, and gender equity issues.Should you not have this work experience due to external circumstances and / or should you have strong reasons and desire to participate in the course, then please state in a letter (max. 1 page) your motivation as to why you would like to attend the course.
Selection Criteria for the E4SD-Course
If the number of applicants exceeds the number of available places for the E4SD-Course, applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Relevance and level of the current position and of previous work experience, e.g. from government, NGOs, multilateral and bilateral Official Development Assistance (ODA) businesses and the private sector, who are engaged in energy and development activities in developing countries.
- Motivation statement / letter.
- Relevance of undergraduate studies.
- English skills.
How to apply for admission
To apply for the Foundation Session of the course, please fill and submit the online application form. The deadline for applications is 15th of December 2008.
IMPORTANT: We strongly suggest to read this sample application form first, then to draft your answers offline (e.g. in Word), and then to copy and paste your answers into the online application form. This is due to the reason that the system may kick you out if filling the online form takes too long time.
In addition, please send the following documents to [email protected]:
- your Curriculum Vitae in electronic form (in English language),
- your motivation letter in electronic form and
- a completed higher secondary education certificate in electronic form (scanned version). If the documents are issued in a language other than Nordic, English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Russian or Japanese, authorized translations must be enclosed.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Timeline and deadlines
The next Foundation Session of the E4SD-Course is scheduled from 26 January – 8 March 2009.
The concept of the Advanced Session is currently under revision and the next session will be offered in early 2009. If you wish to be informed of the detailed session dates when announced, please register here for the course newsletter.